The interior of the Annunciation Cathedral is completed by various lighting. Some of them were made specifically for the church, and some got there at different times from different places. The candela placed in the northern gallery in front of the image of the Mandylion was made at the end of the 18th century. That is a silver-plated cast candela. Three chains are fixed to its crown-shaped container, cresset. It originates from the Resurrection Church of the Grand Kremlin Palace. The other four candelas are similar to each other and have inscriptions telling about their origin.
There is a silver icon-lamp hanging under the vault of the gallery, opposite the south portal. It was executed for the Assumption Cathedral in 1628 on demand of Tsar Mikhail Feodorovich and his father Patriarch Filaret. Seventeenth-century church chandelier originates from the side chapel of the Archangel Gabriel. Another two candelas lighting the cathedral were made in 1824 at the Moscow Workshop of Kuznetsov.
As in the case with icon covers of the iconostasis, candelas and chandeliers were remade several times and replaced by the new ones. Today, there is a many-tier copper chandelier for 24 candles, made in the 17th century, hanging under the central dome, in front of the iconostasis. Similar chandeliers can be found in the Assumption and the Archangel cathedrals, as well as in the Church of the Twelve Apostles. They all have an eagle-shaped top and a cutwork sphere in the lower part, and curved arms with proper big plates for candles.
A low-ceilinged space under the choir is illuminated with silver-plated copper candelas of the mid 18th century, shaped as beautiful shell-like bowls with cherub figures on top. Underneath each bowl, there is a cast fancifully arched leaf with a cast bunch of grapes under it.
In front of the lower part of the iconostasis, there are seven silver-plated copper candelas made in the first third of the 19th century, hanging on figured hangers with three chains each. Their smooth orbed bowls with cast cherub figures, strips and floral garlands are placed under plain plates with big candlesticks in their centres and several small candlesticks along the sides. A cast bunch under a bowl and a proper “shell” on top of a cresset complete the impression of these monuments of classicism. Those candelas are likely to have been executed for the Annunciation Cathedral to replace the works broken or robbed during a short time when Napoleon’s Army occupied the Kremlin in 1812. The altar and the choir are lightened by one-tier bronze chandeliers made in 1860s-1870s.