The Prophets tier has been preserved from the mid 16th century. The icons probably date back to the time of the cathedral’s reconstruction after the fire of 1547. Traditionally this tier represents the Old Testament’s prophets, who told the evangelical events. Icon size in this tier was enlarged (as in the case of the Deisis once), thus the significance of the Prophets’ tier in the high iconostasis was strengthened. Those icons were made by Moscow icon-painters in the manner, characteristic for Moscow school of the mid 16th century, depicting biblical characters with particular aristocratism.